Friday, June 29, 2012

It's hot as Hell-o operator

I'm stating the obvious, but it is hot.
Miserably hot.
Hot that you find in hell, hot.

How in the world anyone really loves summer I will never know, unless of course you can live at the beach or something... with ocean breezes, low humidity and have a constant water source. Living in Middle Tennessee, during a drought, when it's 107 outside isn't awesome. AT. ALL.

Blah. It's making me grouchy.

Josh has worked basically 5 days straight and when I say straight I mean like 20 to 24 hr days. He hasn't been home all week. Actually, he got home this afternoon, but he's been gone since Monday and today had to ride from Pulaski with diesel fuel on him so he has a serious case of exhaustion/diesel fuel headache. He's sleeping now, which he never does when he comes home from work, no matter how long the shift, so I know he isn't feeling awesome...........Maybe I should check his pulse........

I think that's part of my blah...Him being gone. I miss him.
And I need a break from Major. We are bored with each other.

So today as it is 107 blazing hellish degrees outside we've done everything my brain can think of inside this house.
We've tried new experiments and old, made hopscotch inside, washed (toy) cars, danced, crafted, colored, practiced writing, played dinosaurs, bakegans, transformers and hide and seek. I am trying not to let him sit in front of the tv but he did watch A Land Before Time earlier. It's 3:09. Dear Lord. Tomorrow we are solo again because Daddy-O is on shift. Despite the heat we may have to go somewhere and do something fun. I dunno, but I don't wanna be stuck inside all day.




I have to say, it is nice to have the time to clean my house, do laundry and spend time with my little dude, even though it is ridiculous outside. I'm grateful I don't have to be at work right now and that I can be home with him even if we are driving each other crazy.

Next week is just gonna be in the 90's! Holla! And bonus there is a 30% chance of rain each day. Thank you, LORD! Let it rain!!!!!! And storm! I hope it cools off a few degrees and that we get some much needed rain.

All of that to say I am a FALL girl. From The first of October to the end of November....4 to 6 weeks of magnificent, wonderful, crisp fall air...pumpkins, bonfires, cider, halloween and Thanksgiving. Oh it's so wonderful. I am dreaming of that already. Too bad fall doesn't last as long as summer. That would be awesome if we could do a switch-eroo. I mean, who wouldn't love 4 months of amazing fall weather? I dunno!

So here's to keeping it cool. Staying in the shade. Drinking lots of sweet tea and lemonade and soaking up every moment "stuck" inside with my Major-man.



No comments:

Post a Comment