Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Middle Half

I signed up for the Murfreesboro Middle Half last week. To say that I am overwhelmed, nervous and feeling over my head would be an understatement. I am also very very excited though. I wrote out my training plan today. It is basically a 19 week plan combined from Marathon Rookie and Hal Higdon's Novice 1 plan. I am really excited to start marking off runs! Actually, run 1 is under my belt. :) I have a long way to go and when I look at miles 10, 11, 12, 13 and 14 I freak a little and think about how far that actually is. I'm sure that finish line is gonna feel amazing though and I can't wait for that. Im gonna try to post weekly updates about my progress on here, just to hold me accountable. The goal for the half is nothing other than to just finish. I have no time in mind, although they do. The cutoff is 3 and a half hours. Surely to heaven I will finish before that......I will, even if I have to crawl. :) Here's to (probably) the craziest thing Ive done to date. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment