Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Running Check-In Week 1

So last week began my "training" for the half in October. I'm stretching the 10 week program out to 19 weeks since I'm starting my "comfortable" run at 3 miles; and also because I would never consider myself a runner.

Let me start by saying that I just looked at run keeper and my first tracked run was August 2011. It was a half mile and I remember it being hot and hard. I'm making progress for sure.

So week one: I'm running 4 days a week. Week one was 3 miles each of those days.
Day 1: I ran 3 miles in the morning then 2 miles in the evening with some friends.
Day 2: I ran with my ninja running friend. We ran approximately 3.75 miles. 42 minutes I think. I was sooooo slow that day though, tummy troubles too.
Day 3: I ran 4.1 miles
Day 4: I ran 3.71 miles

I ran over goal each day which was good.

Now onto week 2. I'm two days in and will blog about this week later. Yesterday tough was rough. I wasn't feeling awesome. Today was a good run. I ran 4.04 miles in 42.26 minutes and felt like I could keep going. My legs were achy but I imagine that's part of the adjustment. Today was definitely the best run to date. I feel good that Im making progress and if I keep at this pace I will reach my first goal which will definitely provide some motivation for training for the last 6 or 7 miles.

It still seems overwhelming and crazy, but mile by mile I'll get there.

No comments:

Post a Comment