Friday, June 1, 2012

Favorite Things Exchange

Saturday night I hosted a Favorite Things Exchange. I got the idea from a blog that I follow. As soon as I read her post about her Favorite Things Party, I knew I wanted to plan one!

This was so much fun to plan because in this house, we do dirt, we do sweat and superheros. We do trucks and all things boy so it was awesome to get girly fabric, plan a girly party and kick my boys out for a few hours.

The idea was invite girls, have them bring something they love and use all the time. The only rules...bring three of that item and make sure each thing was $6 or less. We also wore pajamas and everyone brought their favorite snacks too. 

I did good taking pictures beforehand, you know, while I was putting together and planning. I did horrible of taking any pictures when anyone was here. Boo! Maybe it was all the laughing and eating and fun we were having! 

 Of course, I forgot to take pictures of all the food. Probably because I got too excited and just started eating.
 Girly Decorations!
Stationary is one of my Favoritest favorites. 
I didn't take a picture of this table once it was LOADED with goodies and I'm kicking myself for that! Some of the favorites included: Earrings from World Market, a purse kit with hand sanitizer, lotion, gum and chapstick in a ziplock bag.  Crystal light drinks, Tervis Tumbler cups, Sea Cotton room and linen spray, hair clips, kitchen sheers, Baskin Robbins gift cards, and Reusable Rubbermaid hooks. Everyone wanted different stuff so it was fun to see whose name was drawn from the jar for each item. Every person's favorites were so different which made it even more fun!
After each person shared their favorite they drew 3 names from the jar so each person took home 3 new and awesome things.
 This is my favoriest favorites basket. Everyone drew a number from that little Mason jar and went home with some of my other favorite stuff. 

Favorite thing 'thank you for coming' giveaways included : 
 #1 Warm Vanilla Sugar foam soap from Bath and Body works.
 #2 Reusable cup
 #3 Method Almond Hardwood Floor Cleaner
 #4 Yellow Rosette earrings from LoopyLoop Creations on Etsy.
I have and love the grey ones. :)
 #5 Tyler candle in Pineapple Crush scent. So yummy for summer. I get mine at Monograms Plus in Lebanon
 #6 Reusable Mason jars. Useful for so many things.
 #7 These were a slight compromise on my real favorite favorite because apparently the real fleece Mary Jane footsie ones that I love are seasonal. These super thin and adorable ankle socks work great for chilly tootsies in the summer though.
#8 Christmas in a box. YUMMMMMM! These are sweet potato pancakes and they are scrumptious. They smell like Christmas morning and taste even better. Go get ya some! 

 #9 arrived last minute to my house. They were paper straws in rainbow colors from another really really favorite store on Etsy called Hey YoYo. I always order birthday party goodies for Major's parties from her.
 #10 is just an improved version of one of my favorites. Carmex is a staple in my life. I have them stashed everywhere. Carmex plus vanilla equals happy Heather lips. Yum. Love this stuff. 


Everyone also had a little bag to put all their new finds in and also a notebook to write down everything everyone brought.
 3 of the sweet girls who came are expecting babies, so my friend Cassie and I got together and made some of our "favorite" baby gifts for them!
 Made more girly decorations
 Mason jars and paper straws are definitely my favorites
Girly water bottles 
Yummy Sweet Tea and not so yummy Raspberry Lemonade

I loved planning this party and having all the girls over to my house. I just wish I remembered to use my camera during the party. I want to have another one of these. It was so much fun! 

Get your friends together. 
Host a girls night. 
It will be your favorite. 
I promise! 



No comments:

Post a Comment