Saturday, June 23, 2012

Running Check-In Week 3

I'm just trucking right along. Running is becoming part of my routine. I am beginning to enjoy it, love it even. I look forward to it, which is something I never thought I'd say. Don't get me wrong, it still isn't easy for me, I am slow as can be and usually I am happy to reach whatever that milage for the day is, but it us something that I am definitely enjoying more and more. I am starting to see a change in my body too, which is the best motivation possible!
Here are this weeks stats:

Day 1: Monday. Just over 4 miles. It was a decent run. Hot for sure and I messed up my running course, but I was happy to run that 4.

Day 2: Tuesday. Ok, Josh got home from work at around 2pm, my parents were coming for dinner at 5. I knew if I was gonna run that day it needed to be in the thick of the day. I know better to run in the heat and at that time, blah blah blah, but I needed to run that day. I was planning on 3 miles and set out at about 3pm. I took dumb dog Tillie with me. So there were 2 strikes on me before I even left the yard. It was a million degrees out and Tillie is an idiot running partner. I drug her most of the way. We couldn't get in a rhythm together. My bicep was burning so much from basically dragging her. She wanted to stop to smell everything, chew everything, take a poop and I swear she peed 40 times. Anyway, after a mile, I turned around and ran back home, so that was a hard, disappointing and HOT 2 miles.

Day 3: Wednesday. I wasn't supposed to run on Wednesday but bc Josh ended up being off and because of my fail of a run the day before I ran 3. It seemed like a pretty quick run. I kept a 10 mile pace, but it was still really hot. I did have some soreness behind my left knee but it felt better by the next day.

Day 4: Thursday. Major was in school so this was the first day Josh and I got to run "together". When I say together, I really mean we started at the same point and he waited 20 minutes for me to catch up and finish. :)
My goal that day was 4.5 because I knew I had a 5 mile run on Saturday. We ended up running 4.86. I was pleased with that and had a decent time. Even though we ran in the am it was still so stinkin hot.

Day 5: Saturday (today). I wanted to get up early and run before it got hot. I originally said 5 am, but we were out to midnight at the Sounds game, so it was almost 1 am before we got in bed. Because of that I gave myself an hour. I set the alarm for 6 and was running by 10 after. I had a 5 mile goal and 5 miles it was. It was a cool and almost perfect morning run. I ran straight down the highway in Watertown then back. The only bad thing about this run was at mile 3 I started dry heaving and all I could taste was the nasty ball part hotdog I had the night before. GAG! I pushed through and got back home around 7. Josh and Major were still sleeping so I cooled off, drank some water, checked email and realized how tired I was. I changed clothes and laid down, just to rest my eyes, til they got up. In the meantime, Josh got up and ran with Tillie and Major woke me up at almost 11 am!!!!! Not only did Major sleep that long, but I couldn't believe I did too. I don't think Ive ever slept that long! Haha! It was nice.

So for the week I had about 19 miles. Not too bad. Next week is 3, 3, 4, 5. I think I'm gonna mix that up a bit though. I am thinking more like 3, 4.5, 3, 5.5.  I still haven't registered us for the 10k on July 4th bc I am a cheapskate but I think I will follow through with that tomorrow. :) Anyway, another week under my belt; 19 more miles and a ton more confidence for sure going into week 4.

Thanks for checking in with me. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment