Monday, June 18, 2012

Running check in week 2

So week 2 went well.

I looked forward to running.

What?

Did I just say that?

Haha. Yep. I am looking forward to each run ore and more.
My training program said run 3,4,3,4.5

Here's the recap:
Day 1 wasn't a great run at all. I went to providence just to mix things up and it was humid as crap. I ran 2.36 and called it a morning.

Day 2 was the best run I've had to date. I was in the zone the whole way. I felt good and strong, my breathing was regulated and I didn't cramp or get uncomfortable at all. I stopped at 4.04 miles but felt like I could keep going.

Day 3 I ran my 3 miles and it was good. I felt good during and after.

Day 4 I ran 4.5. It was hot as hades. I didn't choose the best time to run at all. It was so hot and as a result, so hard. I did fine for the first 2 miles or so, mile 3 sucked bad mile 4 til 4.5 were good, but I was ready to be DONE! No more running at 3 pm in the summer.

Week 3 started today and is went awesome. Just over 4 miles. I ran it all and felt really good the whole way. My legs are sore, but that's part of it :) I'm getting there.

Over the weekend Josh ran in the RC Cola and Moonpie 10 mile race and did an amazing job! So proud! It definitely gave me motivation to follow through with the half. I think we are gonna run a 10k in July just to give me a set goal in a race form. It should be fun, hot but fun!

Until next week :)

No comments:

Post a Comment