Monday, July 2, 2012

Running Check-In Week 4

4 weeks in and I am right on track. So far, I've been fortunate and haven't had to miss any runs. I've had to rework a few because of Josh's schedule, but so far I've been able to run 4 days a week and stay on schedule with increasing my miles as well.

This weeks runs were 3, 4.5, 3, 5.5

Day 1: I ran exactly 3 and was done. I can't remember what I had going on that day ( I think it was sewing). Anyway, I ran exactly 3.

Day 2: I ran in Watertown early and did 4.5

Day 3: This was Major's last day of school for a couple of weeks so I knew I needed to take advantage. That, plus the weather forecast for the weekend made me want to get this weeks longest run out of the way, so I ran 5.5 and had a wonderful breakfast to myself :) I really did take advantage of my time this day and it was so nice. As far as the run went, it was good. I ran a different way that normal so the new scenery was great. It was very hot though. I was very ready to be done with running that day.

Day 4: I ran before church on Sunday and knowing my long run was out of the way, I was happy to just do 3. I really, really, really didn't want to run. It was the first day that I actually laid there and contemplated skipping a run. I just thought to myself, which will I enjoy more...... laying here and getting MAYBE 20 more minutes of partial sleep before Major wakes up or  getting up and running even though I don't feel like it. I got up knowing that I'd be more satisfied and less regretful if I ran. The run was fine because it was just 3 miles but it was so hot and because of the heat it was hard. I got through it though :)

Overall week 4 was a success because I didn't skip any runs and also because I hit the goals for each day. It was extremely hot though and that made it harder. I started week 5 today and went on and ran my "long" or goal run for the week because our schedule for the next 2 weeks is kinda crazy.

Anyway, progress is progress so I'll take it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment