Sunday, June 17, 2012

Father's Day

Father's Day is a really special day for me. Mainly because no drama surrounds it but more importantly because I get to celebrate 3 pretty special guys in my life.

First off being Josh. If you know me or have read any of my posts, you know that I think this guy pretty much hung the moon. He is the best part of me and is the cornerstone to our family. I adore him and thank God every single day that I share my life with him AND get to share the awesome responsibility of parenting with him. Major is such a lucky kid to have Josh as his Daddy. He works hard, provides for us, but is also everything to Major. I love to see them play together, build things together, just spend time together. I LOVE that Josh LOVES to be with his son. It warms my heart and, again, has me counting my blessings that I have them in my life.


Secondly is my father in law, David.  From the time I started dating Josh, David welcomed me with open arms and made me feel like his. I owe so much of who I am to him. He helped me grow, shaped me and pointed me in the right direction. He showed me the love of a father and what a husband and daddy should be. He is an incredible family man and gave me that example to follow. Most importantly, though, he showed Josh how to be that man. He is stubborn, opinionated, outspoken and sometimes just hard to understand, but he is someone I love, I adore, and I'm grateful for. I love him deeply and have so much admiration and respect for him.
I know this is old school, but I love this picture
 Poor Major squished between the bellies. :)

Lastly is my own Dad. My parents divorced when I was little and I lived mostly with my mom so because of her opinion of my dad, my opinion, sadly, wasn't great of him growing up. As a kid, you believe what you know, you make mistakes as a teen and early adult, but eventually find your way and make your own opinions. That's basically what my relationship history with my dad is. I wasn't super close to him as a kid, I have memories with him but basically believed what I was told. There are things and feelings that I have that I've basically just forgiven or chosen to get past so that I can have a positive relationship with my dad as an adult. Even when I didn't know it, or believe it, I know now that my dad was praying for me, he was guiding me and helping me in ways that I couldn't see or understand then. We have a great relationship now. I feel like I can go to him for anything and I know that he loves me and my family unconditionally. I am more than grateful to have him in my life and am thankful for the opportunity to understand him, to see now what I missed, to make better choices in my relationship with him and to have him see me with my family. It means the world to me. 

Again, with the old school. I don't have many pictures of the 3 of these guys together, but I love this one and the memories attached to it.
I have a more recent picture of me and my dad at a UT game that I love, but I can't find it :( 
That is a great memory for me...he did used to always take me to UT games in K-ville!


So to these 3 incredible men in my life, Happy Father's Day. You each have a very special place in my heart, you each helped to mold me or grow me into the person I am, you each make me better for just having you in my life. I pray that Major grows up to have a special piece of each of you as well. I love you all very much :)









No comments:

Post a Comment