Thursday, May 31, 2012

May blessings

Major is jumping on the trampoline and playing with the neighbor kids on this refreshingly nice last day of May so I thought I'd catch up blogging, even though this post will be a little out of sequence.

Rewind to the middle of May:
We had an anniversary.
2 anniversaries actually.
A preschool graduation.
And Mother's Day all in one week.

Josh and I shared our 8th wedding anniversary! Josh said it best that day when he said. "It seems like yesterday and seems like a lifetime all at once". Amen and amen. We've been through a lot in our marriage. All of it has made us stronger and closer to each other though. We are still learning about each other but no matter what, each day, each minute I spend with him I am so grateful so to call him my husband is one of my biggest blessings. I am so humbled that God allows me to share my life with him. 
May 14th, 2012
8 years after saying I DO! 
Picture courtesy of the best thing we've done in our marriage :)

Next up: Josh's one year anniversary with Nashville Fire! What a great milestone! I am so proud of Josh. Proud of his dedication and hard work, proud of his drive and willingness to do what it takes to work hard for our family, just proud. He's taking every opportunity that he has at Nashville to be better, do better, learn more. He's awesome and I think they are lucky to have him!

The month of May brought preschool graduation for Major-man. He doesn't officially, officially graduate til next year, but he graduated from his 4 yr old class and participated at the graduation program. It's insane to think that this time next year I will be preparing for him to go to Kindergarten. What?! No, really, WHAT? How can I get that time bandit to just stop. Craziness.  This year he grew so much and made great strides in learning how to behave, listen better, be a better friend, use words instead of his hands, especially in frustration. It was a trying year for us, for him, for his teacher, but we all made it through and on this side, we made it with a lot of growth. I'm really proud of that little toot.
 heading to "school" for graduation.
 Major and his class preforming "the cookie monster" song.
 :)
 Major with his very sweet and very patient teacher, Mrs. Barbara


Lastly on this little May catch-up post is Mother's Day. I already wrote a Debby Downer of a Mother's Day post because my mom isn't the easiest person to get along with. BUT, I really had a great day. I spent it with my in-laws and my boys. It was a wonderful day and no matter what, no matter any other drama, or how anybody feels about me, God felt that I was worthy enough to be called Major's Mama. And for that, I am always blessed and grateful.

Coming next is a post I'm really excited about! I hosted a favorite things exchange with some really sweet girlfriends on Saturday. It was a ton of fun! Hopefully I will get that done tomorrow! Til then friends :)


No comments:

Post a Comment