Saturday, November 26, 2011

Elf on the Shelf

 Last year I really wanted to do the Elf on the Shelf with Major but we never did. So this year, I told Josh that I really, really wanted to do it. So on Friday we went and got our elf whom Major named Transformer Elf. We read the book and Maj was so excited! He woke up this morning and couldn't wait to find Transformer. We searched the house and with a little coaching Transformer Elf was found. Major's super happy excited face turned into tears very quickly once he saw where Transformer was and that there were no toys from Santa. I had to explain to him that Transformer was gonna be here for a few weeks to let Santa know how he behaves. His response was "Ugh, hurry up Jesus' birthday, I NEED to open presents"! Haha poor kid.

 Silly ole Transformer found his way to the farm on his first night at our house.

I meant to take a picture of Major this morning once Transformer was found, but I was distracted by the early time and the tears.

Transformer found a new hiding place for the day which was on the counter and kept a good eye on Major all day. Major did great. He looked at him, talked to him, but never touched him, which of course is a strict rule of Santa's. 
THEN
We watched the Elf on the Shelf movie tonight and that stinky ole kid Taylor Mctuttle got Major's wheels turning about touching the elf. So of course when Maj went downstairs to "pee" he knocked the elf off his little tree. We made Major feel really bad about it so before bed he said he wanted to write a letter (like in the movie) apologizing. Poor kid.  Anyway, Here is Major's letter and how he will find Transformer in the morning...

I just wrote word for word what Major said then he wrote his name and drew a picture of Transformer himself.  This sort of makes me happy and sad at the same time. Sweet little stinker.
 Poor Transformer had to get some band-aids because of his tough fall.
I will do my best to try to remember to do a picture of Major in the morning. I think it would be so fun to see his face once he finds this guy! 

If any of you do Elf on the Shelf, what do you do with him during the day? Does he stay in the same spot or sneaky sneaky move throughout the day? I'm curious about that. This is so much fun! I have a list of things for him to do or places for him to hide. Super fun! 


No comments:

Post a Comment