Wednesday, November 9, 2011

The Happy Day Project - day 1

Over the past few weeks, I have been thinking more about how I can be more thoughtful of others. I have sort of been convicted in a way about the need to want to bring some sunshine into someone else's life. Maybe it's just the season, but regardless, I'd like to know that at least once a day I am doing something to make someone's day better.  I was researching some ideas beyond my scope of thinking about what I could do. I had a lot of good ideas, read a lot of good ideas but when I checked one of the blogs I follow I knew this was what I was looking for on the immediate front anyway. I've kinda altered it in a way that is better suited for where and how we live. It  is called the Happy Day Project and it's aim is to bring extra sunshine and smiles to people this week I am going to extend it and try to do something nice for someone everyday for the rest of the month. 

There are so many bad, ugly and stressful things in this life and as I get older, I am learning that the time I would spend on those things could be used so positively in another way. My hope in doing the Happy Day Project is to bring a smile and a little sunshine to someone's day.

So here goes Day 1 for us: Bring  a treat to a neighbor.
We are blessed with really awesome neighbors. Mr. Don and Mrs. Susie are so sweet to us. They always lend us anything we need, watch our home if we are out of town, they let Major play with their dogs and ride his bike on their driveway. They are just good, there for you kind of people. We think a lot of them and are glad to have them as our neighbors.
 Just a little mason jar filled with chocolate chip cookies, a ribbon and a hand-made tag
The little pennant banner tag that read on the back: We are thankful for good neighbors. Enjoy!

I hope they enjoy their little jar of cookies! They sure do smell yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment