Friday, December 9, 2011

Christmas Decorating

It seems that all my blogs are catching up blogs, but whatever....here we go, catching up once again.

First: I am on Christmas sewing/creating/crafting overload thanks to Pinterest. I mean seriously? How many ideas can one person love. Waaaaayyyyy toooooo many because my sleep is seriously suffering over here. I've been sewing or making something almost every night for the past 3 weeks. If you remember this blog, then you remember the inspiration that I had for my own home this year. I have recreated, with my own little twist, some of those things.

This isn't a good picture of our mantle at all, but I do love it. I got the print from a blog I follow called eighteen25 last year and had it framed. The little trees are just styrofoam covered in glitter and the K is a cardboard letter covered in yarn (thanks pinterest for the idea) with a burlap rosette, just to girl it up a little bit. :) 
I really want to get a new, cuter garland for next year, but this one works fine and looks really pretty all lit up at night.
I am really, really loving me some burlap right now too. That sounds so country! I love the roughness of it, the texture of it and I love it even more when it is paired with a clean white linen fabric and some sweet details. For Josh and Major's stockings I lucked out and found silver glitter letters at Target for a dollar. I couldn't find an 'H' so I made another burlap rosette and glued it on there. Also mine has a ruffle detail that the boys' do not have.  I tied all three to the mantle with a chocolate brown satin ribbon. I love the simplicity of them!
When Major was in the shower the other day I was going through some scrapbook paper, cleaning it our and saw the sparkly brown and the green. I love those colors together! Then I searched a little deeper and found some cream and red and went to work making a cute little banner to go over my window in the kitchen. I love how this turned out, not too bad for a 5 min random project :)
This is a mirror in our dining room. I really don't love this wreath at all but I love the concept of having the wreath on the mirror. I will definitely redo this wreath for next year, but it's fine for now.
This is a total FAIL of a picture. lol Sorry for the laundry, I was too lazy to do it today. I took Major on a date instead. But the table runner, oh how I love thee! Chocolate brown burlap and red ruffles, the perfect combo if you ask me. It really is more beautiful in person. Probably bc I can throw the laundry on the floor. And btw...this pic just reaffirms my desire to redo this table. This was Josh's Mama's table and I LOVE it, but it does need a little facelift.
Our house looks really pretty on the outside too. Josh worked really hard to light up the house. We have wreaths on all the windows and beautiful lights all around it. I have several more small details in the house too, but didn't take pics of everything.

Onto other things:
For a while now, Ive wanted to redo the mirrors in our house. We have those cheap builders mirrors in the bathrooms and I wanted to 'frame' them. Well, thanks to Pinterest, a good tuitorial, a willing and patient husband and a dad who came with tools we got it done. I took a before pic on the iPad but not w my camera, so here is the after.
 This is in Major's bathroom. His mirror is a lot smaller than ours so we tackled it first. I can't even say how much I love it. :)
That pretty much sums up the projects around here. I have some other small Christmas projects going and have been sewing a lot for presents so between that and keeping Major and Transformer outta trouble, I've been a busy girl :) I will blog some of his adventures next time. Merry Christmas y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment