Saturday, November 19, 2011

Christmas Decorating

I am a total fall girl. It is easily my favorite time of the year. I love the weather, the smells, the activities, the food, just all of it! Thanksgiving is probably my favorite holiday too so I am getting really excited about all that yummy food I will get to enjoy this week. With that said, the weekend after Thanksgiving (also known as my birthday) we have always put our Christmas tree up. I remember doing it as a kid and when Josh and I got married, we continued the tradition. We play Christmas music and let Major pull out the ornaments,we decorate the tree then the house. Well, thanks to Pinterest, I now have a million fun projects in the works for Christmas.  As much as I love Thanksgiving, I love Christmas too. I love sharing the birth of Jesus with my baby, I love that family is together, I love the magical feeling of this holiday. My absolute favorite Christmas songs, that play pretty much on constant repeat are Christmas Like a Child and Joseph's Lullaby both by Mercy Me.  Joesph's Lullaby just about makes me cry every time I hear it.
I will always hold off til after Thanksgiving to decorate for Christmas, with that said, I do already have a lot of inspiration gathered on Pinterest and in my head :)
 These stockings are in the works already. Mine will have a burlap rosette and the boys will have buttons on theirs. I love the simplicity of them. 
Source Cozy.Cottage.Cute
 I thought this was really sweet too. I don't know that we can hang them off our kitchen chairs, but I may try some variation. 
Source: Cozy.Cottage.Cute
This wreath, actually the idea of this wreath, I am loving so much. We have a huge mirror hanging in our dining room and I think a Christmas wreath hanging in front of it will be the perfect compliment.
Source: Cozy.Cottage.Cute
 I am loving these lanterns right now too. We saw some at Hobby Lobby the other day that I may go back and get. The options for them are endless and they are just adorable. 
Source: SouthernLiving.com
 And this little tree canvas...Seriously, how cute is this? Major and I will be doing this craft soon as well. I love it to pieces. 
Source: houzz.com
I always love to put ornaments in jars and things so naturally I love this idea too. And in those Mason jars, how amazing would some cinnamon sticks smell next to a vanilla candle? Yum!
Source: I don't know :(
I made a Christmas wreath similar to this last year and can't wait to pull it out and hang it this year! 
Source: Pinterest

I forget year to year what I have or what I've made so I am excited to get things out next week and to make a list for new crafts. Yay for the holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment