Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Snow much FUN!!!!

When the forcast called for snow showers in middle Tennessee, I kinda shrugged and thought it'd be like last time, just a little dusting. I was thrilled to wake up to big ole snowflakes covering my yard. Major was so excited to see the snow and just wanted to build a snowman, but when we went outside on Saturday morning, I was disappointed to be walking on 3 inches of ice. I had to get a shovel to break the ice up around his swingset so that he could play with actual snow. Not the "snow showers" I was hoping for....we had fun for a few minutes anyway though...

He's thinking what do I do with all this ice?
 
  
  
  
Daddy had to work Friday and Saturday in the nasty weather, so it was just Major and I playing in the ice covered snow, but the real fun of the weekend came on Sunday when we headed up to the farm. By this time Major and I were snowed in for 3 whole days so we were both itching to get out of the house. It's a good thing we went because it was the best fun that we as a family had in a long time! We had a day filled with sledding, tubing, 4 wheeling and even body surfing! It was a perfect day together!

 
 
 
Sledding with Sadie
Tubing with Daddy and Sadie
 
At the bottom of the hill
 
Daddy "body surfing" behind the 4-wheeler. (By the way: I have never laughed so hard!!!:))
 
Me tubing! 

 
We had such a fun day and are super grateful for Josh's dad and Sonya for letting us come up and act like little kids on their farm. It was wonderful watching Major play, tube and sled. I look forward to many more winters with him growing up and playing like we did last weekend. Now that the snow is melting though and we have sunshine today...bring on Spring! I am ready for t-shirts and green grass! 

No comments:

Post a Comment