Thursday, February 25, 2010

Layla Grace

I was catching up on some blog reading and ran across this post from my friend Ashley about this sweet family who are spending their last moments with their baby girl right now.

Here is Ashley's blog post with the family's website attachment at the end...

I read this blog today and it touched my heart. Let me review you on what you are about to read: This family of 5 is about to lose their 2 year old to cancer. The mother is blogging about her precious life- her name is Layla Grace. She is in hospice now and holding on and the mother is spending the last moments with her precious daughter AS I TYPE. If you read on down her blog she has a post called "Sleep, Valentine's Day, and Regrets"- it had tears running down my face. To think sometimes I could ever get annoyed when Wilson follows me around or if I dont get a full night's sleep. When I hear of families that have to go through this my heart hurts with burden/loss for them. It makes me appreciate ALL and EVERYTHING that comes with my sweet/precious son. Please join me and pray for this mommy, daddy, and sisters as they embrace and endure the last few moments with their daughter. And please appreciate EVERY MOMENT with your children/nieces/nephews/grandchildren- LIFE IS A VAPOR!

http://laylagrace.org/

So as I read the blog about sweet Layla Grace, I begain to bawl my eyes out for this little girl and for this family who is facing the most difficult thing that any family could face. In the midst of it all, though, her mom is still giving God all the glory. A piece of her is dying, she is watching her precious baby suffer and yet she is still able to praise God in the midst of this storm. What a strong woman and faithful follower. For lack of a better term, she is inspirational to say the least. Amazing story, amazing mother, amazing family.

I look at my little boy and think how in the world could I ever be frustrated with him? How could I ever take one moment for granted?  This little grirl is his exact age and through her story and her mother's mission to tell her story, people are inadvertenly affected by her. I will slow down, let the dishes pile up, sit in the floor and play a little longer and squeeze my boy a little tighter. I don't know this family, but I will pray for them and for their little girl. What a legacy she will leave.

No comments:

Post a Comment