Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Running Check in Weeks 6 and 7

I'm a couple of weeks behind on blogging about running....not that anyone really cares, but it helps hold me accountable.

So weeks 6 and 7:

Week 6 was 3, 4,3, and 6
Day 1: 3
Day 2: exactly 4
Day 3: 3.44
Day 4: 6.53    I wanted to push myself a little because I had done 6 the week before and knew 7 was coming. Honestly, this run was awesome! I felt amazing the whole run and didn't walk at all! I wish all runs felt like that!

Week 7 was 3, 4, 4.5, and 7
Day 1: 3.60
Day 2: 4.01
Day 3: 3.06 This is the first day that I didn't meet the goal :( I ran out of time though. We had a super busy day and Josh got home a little late from work that morning so I just didn't give myself enough time. 3 was a good run though.
Day 4: 7.01 Josh and I were in the mountains on our "date weekend". We had no plans all weekend which was amazing except for to run 7 miles. I was nervous about it. Josh didn't have to but he got up and chose to run early with me. I did it. I ran almost all of it, but walked about a quarter of a mile total. Josh said to expect that but I was disappointed. The reason I stopped was for water. I know on race day I will stop for it at the water stations, but in my head I want to literally run the whole time. I guess I just need to get through that in my head. Anyway, I found my pace late, but definitely finished strong. I was proud.

Up to this point, I've increased my miles by half a mile each week. From now on though, it's a mile per week. So next week, I am at 8 miles. I'm skeered! :) hahaha! I'll be fine, but that's a long way. I am at the half way point in terms of miles too. I am training to 14 so mile by mile I'm getting there.

No comments:

Post a Comment