Sunday, July 8, 2012

Running Check-in Week 5

So I was super nervous about this week and how I would fit runs in considering major wasn't in summer schoolmthismweek and josh worked every day except Wednesday. I had to adjust some but ran 4 days. My training said run 3 4 3 6. I changed it up a bit though.

Monday I had the opportunity to run with no time constraint so I went on and did my long run of 6 miles. I also knew the weekend was looking like a no go bc of the heat so here is the breakdown for the week.

Day 1: 6.01 miles. Running exactly an 11 min mile. It was hot but I was PROUD :) and glad it was over.

Day 2: I needed to run 3 miles but got a late start bc of Josh's work schedule. It was very hot so I called it a day after 2.5 miles.

Day 3: I had to run in the evening, again, bc of how Josh's work schedule fell. I really dreaded this run and didn't want to do it 100 degree heat. The plan was wait til 7 or so til it cooled a bit, but when I checked the weather at 4 the temp was just gonna be 1 degree cooler at 7. Josh ran 3 miles so I thought, screw it, let's just get it over with. I set out to just run 3. Well about mile 1 the clouds rolled in which was amazing. There ws no beating sun and a 100degree breeze :) I kept running. I decided to turn around at 2 miles bc it was lightning, so I ran until about 3.5 miles and a glorious thing happened.....rain began to fall from the sky! The last half mile was AMAZING! The rain felt so good. I wishi would have kept on running. I felt great and the rain was awesome. Had I not been on the highway and had there not been lightning, I probably would have kept on. Anyway, that was an awesome 4 mile run.

Day 4: we were out of town for this run. As much as I would have liked to run in Chattanooga, it didn't work out. We were in Canton Georgia and I was unfamiliarnwithnthenarea some ran 2.5 on the treadmill this morning. When you are used to running outside, running on the treadmill kinda sucks and feels like a cheat. I wanted to run longer, but we were on a time constraint :(

So for the week, I am a mile behind goal, but given the time and such ha I had to work with I feel alright. At least I ran 4 days andm2 of those days were really good runs.

This week I'm equally as worried about fitting runs in bc I am working day camp atnchurch all week. The plan is to run on Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday this week. Hopefully it'll work out. After this week, I'll have 2 weeks of Major's summer program left before adjusting again to back to school! Crazy how fast this summer is going :)

I have a fun blog about our time in Chattanooga coming later this week, so check back friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment