Friday, March 29, 2013

Be still

We are 4 days from moving.
4 days.
We are in go mode.

Then God was like 'Hey, let's not forget what's important here. Let's not forget that stressing out over the right size moving boxes IS NOT IMPORTANT!!!'

Wanna know how he reminded me?

My husband was in a house fire...his beloved but dangerous job...when a roof collapsed and a beam landed on his shoulder. He separated his shoulder, messed his elbow up some and has a small burn on his hand.

God is telling me to BE STILL.

I'm just gonna be real honest, I am not good at being still. I am trying and I am failing.

I'm all stressed and worried and thinking how are we gonna pack, how are we gonna paint, how are we gonna move, who is gonna help with Major, how do I do this, or that, whatsuipth he[h[reyh[ [FJOGHJ [G [FI[AJIETUHFUAPjife[hj[shgihghdfjdjios......that's what's in my head.

Then God is like 'Hey sister, shhhhh'

Then I remember to just be still. To be thankful that we have a house to move out of and a house to move into.  So thankful to have a husband who has a job he loves, even though it scares the crap out of me. I'm thankful that he is ok and in the possibilities of all that could happen to him at work, a separated shoulder is doable. We can for sure work with that.

I know my to do list will get done.
I know it will be in God's time and not mine.
I know I need to let it go.
I know he is in control.

So on  this Good Friday, I am laying here with my husband beside me and my baby in the room next to me knowing that I am so undeserving of all the blessings in my life. I am such a failure, such a disappointment yet He sacrificed it all for me.
I am so thankful for the blessings Jesus has allowed me to have in this life. I am so thankful for my husband, for his safety and for his health. I am so thankful he is a good husband to me and a good daddy to Maj and that we get to share this life together.

And although I fail miserably all the time, I am most thankful I am forgiven and loved by a perfect Savior and that everyday I get to live my life for Him. 

Happy Easter weekend friends, let us remember his sacrifice and not take it for granted
(even if you are moving)!!!! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment