Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Love for Major-man

I use this blog a lot to keep up with Major and all the things he says and does. It's purpose, hopefully, will be to show him one day. I hope he gets the opportunity to read the things we've written about him. With that said, I generally write him a letter or two a year....and since his baby book is full, here goes.

My Sweet Major-Man,

There are days that pass and I wonder how it is possible to grow and change so much in a days time. I look at your sleepy little eyes in the morning and say to you, "WOW! You must have slept so much because you grew so much. Look at how big you are" and you will flex your muscles and giggle at me. What's crazy is that every single day you are changing, you are growing, learning, and becoming the little boy that God is intending you to be. You are sweet and funny, mean and mischievous. You are a ball of energy and a feisty little pistol. You have the personality 10,000 times your size and an attitude to go along with it. You are one of a kind and special in every way possible. Our prayer for you is that you use your personality, energy, and drive in a positive way and for the good of other people.


I think back 5 years and how desperate we were to have you in our lives. We didn't know you, our hearts were not yet changed by you, but God was preparing us for the best, most amazing, rewarding and fulling journey of our lives. In 5 years you have changed the people that we are. You've changed the way we look at things. You make me want to be better. You make Daddy want to be better, too. We are complete and full because of you. When I think about our story, I feel overwhelmingly blessed to be your Mama.

In the blink of an eye, your 5th birthday is here. It makes my heart burst with happiness but my eyes well with tears to think about that. Bittersweet describes this season so well. I can't wait to watch you go off to Kindergarten, to play football, and meet new friends but at the same time, I want to stop time. I could just freeze it right here. One day, in a long time from now, you will understand that.

I know I say these things to you all the time. I've written this all before, but if you know anything in this life know that we love you deeply, endlessly and so overwhelmingly much. We could not be more proud of someone as we are of you. You make Daddy and I so happy and so full of love and life. We adore you are are thankful every second of every day to be able to be your parents.

Love, love, love you so much Toot.


No comments:

Post a Comment