Tuesday, November 16, 2010

A whole buncha randoms

So I got a big girl phone...Haha! I think it's called the EnV Touch. Also, I think it is a little outdated already thanks to the Droid, but it's still an upgrade from my Zach Morris phone. I have internet and everything! I don't know how to use it though :) I know 12 year olds everywhere are laughing at me. Haha!

Next random, I love, love, love a cold rainy day like today...every once in a while. It is the perfect day for a sweatshirt and a cup of hot chocolate. Both of which I took advantage today.

I finally took the time to look and see how behind I was on scrapbooking. Wowza, like a lot! I didn't scrapbook at all while planning Major's party because everything from that party took all the space in both my brain and my craft room. I need to do a post on that party, but my camera broke and I don't have access to the pics just yet. And telling you about the party wouldn't be the same without b-day pics.  So, starting tomorrow night, when Josh is working a 24, I am gonna get to working on catching myself up.

Speaking of Josh, I am just super proud of him and so happy to be called his wife. It has taken me a long time to be able to really be ok with him being a FF/EMT-IV. I still have moments where I break down and hate him being gone. I still don't really like the uncertainty or the spontaneity of it all, but when I go visit him at the station, I am just filled with happiness and a proud heart. Maj and I went to see him the other day and we were there 5 minutes when he got toned out. Super bummer. Major was crying, "I don't want my Daddy to leave". It was sad, but when I saw him drive off in that ambulance, once again I was overwhelmed by how proud I am of him. It's not easy, I don't think it ever will be, but he is doing something that he is so passionate about and that makes it bearable. When he comes home, you can tell he misses us. The way he looks at us, hugs us and then plays with Major is so special. We love him and miss him when he is gone, but are so thankful he is serving people in a way that fulfills him and makes him happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment