Sunday, November 18, 2012

Fifth Birthday Pirate Style

This month has just flown by me...shew! My big kid turned 5 on November 4th!
Can't believe it.

Five whole years. A whole hand. Half a decade. Ready for Kindergarten. Insane.

Wasn't he like just a baby a minute ago?


This year we celebrated pirate style at home. We had the best time and were surrounded by lots of family and close friends. Major and his buddies had a ball pretending to be pirates and honestly I think the older kiddies had as much fun as the littles did.


Here are some snapshots of my little loves birth day:

Good night 4 year old
Good Morning 5 year old
 
 Opening presents birthday morning



Here are a few details from his day....
(there are a lot of pics...sorry :)) 
We burned the edges of his invitations for a more authentic pirate look
 and sent them to friends message in a bottle style
 At the party, I really wanted the kids to have a place to sit and eat that was to scale for them. 
I borrowed the tables and chairs from my classroom and made the banner and think it turned out really cute

 handmade burlap placemats are a fav
 I framed his invitation in a burlap wrapped frame and LOVE how it looked.
Welcome table for all the pirate to grab their swords, bandanas, patches and treasure maps
  Pirate booty bags for all our pirate guests
 Pirate games included:
A treasure hunt

Peg Leg Pirate Races
 Cap'n fishin'
 Walk the plank, mateys
 Cannonball battle
 Tug of War

Major drew himself and his nana and wrote his name and a 5 for his bday while we got everything together :)
 I set up 4 main tables.
Drinks
Desserts
Food 
Gifts
Here is the drink table. We had Buccaneer Brew (tea) Pirate Punch (lemonade) Sea Water (water)
 A halloween tub made the perfect addition to this table
 Dessert
 The yummy dessert table included an allergy free cake from Emily at the Savannah Tea Company, yummy cupcakes from my very sweet friend Brooke, Chocolate Sea Scrolls, Walk the Plank Wafers, Chips Ahoy There Matey, Peg Leg Pretzel Sticks, and Krispie Ships






 The food table was made of little snacks and finger foods bc his party was at 3 in the afternoon. We had Major's Catch of the day(goldfish), Polly's Crackers (veggie chips), Cannon Balls (cheese balls), Jolly Rogers (Sandwiches: either bbq or soy butter and jelly), Pirate Bananas, and Scallywag Skewers and a fruit ship






Above the table for gifts I wanted to show pics from his birth day and each birth day since. 
Crazy to look back and realize how fast time flies.
 
My happy boy
 Pirate Parents
 I love this little pirate so much
 Major and his best friend
 The CREW

Every year this day is a time of true reflection for us. We are so lucky and blessed to be this little boy's Mama and Daddy. We love you precious boy and hope that you know how much we adore you.
                                                                 Happy 5th Birthday. 


4 comments:

  1. Oh my word you have outdone yourself! This is amazing. You should be in party planning. I know I have said it before, but you are THE MOST CREATIVE MOM I know. His party came out amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Party planning would be the most fun ever! Thanks for the sweet compliments :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heather, you are a genius! Wow!

    ReplyDelete