Monday, February 6, 2012

Quick lil fix

I've had my craft room for about a year or so now. It is still a work in progress but is mostly a hodge podge of all the other stuff the in house that didn't fit anywhere. Most of the stuff in there already needs sprucing up and when I say sprucing, I mean replacing in many instances. My ironing board is a disaster. It gets used all the time, for everything. It is on the door of the closet, which isn't ideal but it's where it is, so it constantly goes up and down, up and down. Anyway, it is nasty:
 Told ya. See all those stains and such? So nasty. And lets not even talk about how I tolerated those wretched blue stripes for over a year. I didn't even realize how bad they were til now. 

So anyway, I was browsing Pinterest and saw this tuitorial. It spoke to me. I went and got some cute, but not on sale fabric.....fail.....and got to work. I didn't do awesome. I tweaked it, it still wasn't working great, so like most everything else, I winged it. It is a little too small, but I have enough fabric to try again. Here is the new:
Doesn't it look so much better? I think so! 

I actually love it so much that I am about to do the curtains in the same fabric and have my old I mean loved chairs recovered.

Anyway, it makes me feel better seeing this rather than that nasty ole thing that I had before, even if this one isn't perfect. :)

1 comment:

  1. Love the pattern! Way better than the old brown stained cover! lol

    ReplyDelete