Friday, May 27, 2011

You want to bring me where?

Saw this on the blogosphere today....totally pertains to a specific situation in my life right now. I really don't feel that I am "above" anyone, however, I am fighting through, struggling through, no, praying through a situation that really bothers me. Without being to specific bc I don't really want to make the situation worse,  there is a person in my life who I love more than anything that chooses to be miserable and make miserable choices, hold grudges and focus in on ridiculous stuff rather than the big picture. It's sad, it sucks, and I hate it. Very, very easily I could let it bring me down, I could choose to battle everything in my life, hold grudges and be hateful, but rather I want to love my life, I want to live it, be grateful for it, cherish it. I don't want this situation bring me to the place of negativity and bitterness that this person lives in. That's what they want.  Anyway, this spoke to me today because even though I don't feel that I am above ( said person) I do feel that the choices I make and the way I choose to live my life are more positive than theirs.

I always try to bring the silver lining out of a situation because by nature I am not a glass half full kind of person. My husband is, but he's awesome. :)  I feel like the truth in this situation is that I can be responsible for one person and that's me. I can't predict, manage or choose the choices someone makes or how they live their life. I can pray for them. Pray for me. Pray for guidance and understanding especially because I love this person. I can make a choice for me to be better, to make better choices, to not feel guilty about the way I feel about this situation. I can hope. That's my silver lining. What I will not do is feel guilty for making a choice to be better, to not be dragged down into a sad, miserable, grudge holding place. I will not be a doormat and will not be walked on. Sometimes in life, you travel down these roads with people you should never travel them with. Life is too short to not make an effort for the people that are most important in your life. I've learned to do all that I can, be at peace with it and if the other end falls short, well, then at the end of the day, I gave it my all.

Ok, where should I send a check for that therapy session?!? :) Haha, for any of you who actually stayed with me through that bore fest, well bless you! Now go do something fun with someone you love a lot, a lot!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment