Wednesday, May 4, 2011

My water baby

I was a believer as soon as I met Kelly and learned about ISR. Now that Major is 2 1/2 weeks into it and SWIMMING UNASSISTED, I am forever, forever a believer!!!! It is awesome that Major isn't at all afraid of the water. He is a total water baby, however, with that comes some fears. ISR has taken so many of those fears away.  I want to rent a billboard and tell everyone about this program. With that said, no child is ever safe around the water unassisted or is ever "drown proof" but this makes many of those fears much smaller. For us, we are around the water all the time. We live on the lake and in the pool in the summer and spend at least a few days a week in the pool in the winter. Because of that, I feel that it is so important that Major know how to swim. What I love about ISR is that it is a swim AND rescue class. He learns how to not panic and how to get air when in the pool. She started throwing him in and "flipping" him over in the pool so he feels a little disoriented. She practices this with him so that in the unfortunate event that he does fall into a body of water, he will be a little better prepared to rescue himself or at the very least stay in a safe position til someone can get to him. I feel so proud and happy and excited to see him swim. He loves it!

Here are some pics of my water baby:
Swimming with the amazing Mrs. Kelly

Roll 
Float
Major movie :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment