Friday, March 23, 2012

Dern allergies

Allergies, allergies, allergies. My baby is SUFFERING! He has a hard enough time with his food allergies, but these seasonal ones are taking a toll on his little body. He is sneezing, coughing, itching, and has a raspy throat. On top of that he has a horrid rash that is swollen and itching him pretty bad. Everyday he takes zyrtek, singulair, a probiotic and every day this week I've given him benadryl. He has 2 creams for his skin right now too. One for his eczema and another for this rash. My heart is aching for him and I wish I could just take it all away for him. He has an appointment with his allergist next week so hopefully we can figure something to provide him some relief. I am over him feeling bad although I am thankful it is nothing more serious. I am just sad to see him feel achy and grouchy because he can't breathe or stop itching. Through it all, though, and in true Major form he hasn't slowed down much. He still asks to play outside even though that makes his allergies worse. I just can't keep him in a bubble, you know. I just hose him down real good, wash his sheets and blankets often and pray for some relief for him.

Here's to hoping the rest of spring isn't so ugly to him and that he gets a break from sneezing, itching and coughing soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment