Saturday, October 15, 2011

5k

Today Josh and I ran our first 5K together in honor of our nephew Sam. I would say that neither of us are runners but Josh would disagree. He says "we ran didn't we?". Anyway, he runs more than I do because of training at the academy and when he is on shift. I am not one of these people that really loves to run. Actually, it is painful and I don't love it at all, but I was completely inspired by some special people today. I would love to have those long, lean legs of a runner and make running look easy, but that's not me. My legs feel like concrete blocks when I run and it's not fun for me at all. I am happy though that I did the race and that I finished with a decent time. It wasn't great at all, but it was a start. Maybe next year I will not eat Mexican food the night before and will actually run a mile or two to practice. :) Here is our pre-race pic via Major:
and thanks to pinterest here's what I actually looked like when I was running:
 Haha! The important thing is that we went out there and ran and raised some money for our sweet nephew's foundation.

No comments:

Post a Comment