Thursday, September 15, 2011

Gladeville

For a year or so, Josh and I have been thinking about and praying for some direction about church. Josh has been a member of Hermitage Hills his entire life. He was born into that church and to this day his whole family still goes there. When Josh and I started dating in high school, I began to go to church with him. We went through the youth program together, got married there and continued to go once we moved back from college. Major was dedicated at HH and I had a great job there. Everything was well, except one thing. We live so far away. Basically our personal struggle came simply from a logistical standpoint. There were other things that factored into our decision to look for another church, but logistics was the main one. No matter how much we talked about it, or tried, we still weren't as dedicated and involved as we knew we needed to be. We weren't making forward progress individually or as a family, we were just going (sometimes) because we felt like that was what we needed to do. We knew that more was expected from us so from that lack of fulfillment we decided to just try out going to Gladeville. I was somewhat comfortable there because I work there and already knew several faces. We went for the first time on a Wednesday night and did the tour the church, meet new people thing. It was nice and we felt comfortable. We've continued to find our place there. We love that it is smaller than we are used to. It is easy to find a place to belong. It seems to focus more on young families and seems very centered. As much as we loved Hermitage Hills and as much a part of us it will always be, we had lost our place there. We felt disconnected and lost in the shuffle. Now, we have a place, we have a home, we belong at Gladeville and most importantly we are growing.
I think when you make a change that will affect so many parts of your life, you question yourself. Well, I did anyway, but just for a minute. I feel a lot of reassurance every time I think about it. I know that Josh and I made the best decision that we could make for ourselves and for our family. The most important thing is that we continue to grow spiritually while building a foundation for Major and through our decision, I think we are doing just that.

No comments:

Post a Comment