Thursday, May 20, 2010

I learned something new today

So today started just like any other Tuesday or Thursday...mostly prepared, but running late nonetheless...so I get all our stuff and Major outside and notice my car looks a little lopsided. I think I must just be in a little dip in the driveway (we still haven't replaced the gravel that was washed away in the flood). So I load Major up and all our stuff and head to school and KABOOOOOMMMMM......... what the crap.....I had a flat tire that basically exploded on the bottom. Thank goodness I was just barely out of my driveway. So I call Josh who is far far away :( and can't come to my rescue, so he calls a firefighter "friend". Well, this poor kid had no clue how to change a tire. He broke his jack, so after like an hour and a half of Major crying, me crying and this dude, I told him not to worry about it and that Josh could deal with it when he got back home.
Immediately a flashback from my 16th birthday came running through my head of my dad saying you will need to learn to change a tire, one day you will need to know how. As most 16 year olds are I blew him off and said, "Oh dad, I can just call AAA". LOL Anyway, I couldn't believe this firefighter who is trained to rescue people and whatnot couldn't change my tire, so the peeved off and determined me decided to do it myself. Well let me just say with lots of pride and after 3 hours I had changed my first tire!!!! :) Haha!!! I got the spare from under my truck, jacked the thing up, unscrewed the lug nuts, replaced the tire, got the lug nuts tight again and lowered the jack!!! I mean, hello, I couldn't believe I did it!!!! (It's harder than it looks) :) Now Josh said I still wasn't allowed to drive anywhere because he wants to make sure it is all done right and that I got everything in its place, so I am probably stuck here for a few more days, but Hallelujah, I did it!  

 My poor flat tire
During...
I can't believe I did this:
I finally got it
and I'm filthy
Thank goodness for instruction manuals

No comments:

Post a Comment