Saturday, November 7, 2009

Major's birthday weekend

I have been meaning and wanting to start this blog for 2 years in an attempt to capture some of Major's biggest milestones and small moments as a family that we will forget as time passes on. So here I am 2 years later, just getting started. Better late than never I suppose....

November 1, 2009
Major's second birthday party was so much fun. We had a firetruck theme, which both Major and Josh loved! Major had such a great time with his family and friends! I was once again reminded how special and precious this little boy is to us. I just sat back and watched as he played and as people talked to each other, visited, laughed and talked about how fast time goes by. There was a time when Josh and I didn't know if we'd be able to have a birthday party for our own child, and here we are 2 years later, celebrating the most important and precious miracle in our lives. It was such a happy day filled with fun, family and many many memories!

November 4, 2009
Major's official 2nd birthday! It is so hard to believe that this day was already here. I remember the day we got the call to go to the hospital, that 3 days after his due date, he was finally going to be here. Where in the world did 2 years go? As any parent would say, the day their child came into the world was the best and most defining day of their life. November 4, 2007 was that day for Josh and I. I remember being in that delivery room, what I was wearing, how I felt, I remember the nurses, the sounds, the machines, his heartbeat and finally daybreak. After a long night and 2 long hours of pushing my baby boy came into the world "sunny side up" and straight into his daddy's arms. It was a miraculous moment, one that undoubtedly changed us forever. He was perfect and more than we could have ever hoped or prayed for. In one second, we were a family, instantly in love with this most precious miracle that God had chosen for us. We are so grateful that our prayers were answered and that we have the honor of being Major's Mama and Daddy. There really are no words to describe that day...
But here we are 2 years later with a very fun, lively, rambunctious, energetic and AWESOME little boy! His birthday seemed so bittersweet to me. Maybe because I was just remembering his birth day and all that led up to it, or the fact that I no longer had a "baby". Whatever the case, I am so excited and happy to see him grow, learn, and discover each day. I am forever grateful to be called his Mama.

No comments:

Post a Comment