Sunday, May 12, 2013

Graduation

I've always known two things about myself; I love kids and I want to be a mom.

I wasn't sure in what capacity God would use me to fulfill the roles that I desired. The opportunities I've had to love children and the way I became a mom sure weren't the plans I had envisioned for myself, but they are God's plans and,you know, those always turn out better than your own.

I've been extremely fortunate to always be able to be with Major. When he's home, I'm home. When he's at school, I'm at school. Each year I have a class that I get attached to and love and this year is no exception. I've had the opportunity to teach and fall in love with 10 of the sweetest little kiddos in the world. This group of kids have a special place in my heart for sure. I love them each so much and don't take the opportunity to care for them, teach them and love them for granted. They are so sweet and so much fun!

This year is especially special to me because my baby boy will graduate preschool too. I'm sending him off to the great big world of kindergarten. Our days will no longer be spent together, we won't have Major and Mama days during the week when all the big kids are at school. Our house will be very quiet and I will have the opportunity to miss him during the week. On one hand I'm looking forward to that. On the other, not so much.
I'm so happy that he's ready. He's healthy, learning, excelling. I am looking forward to watching him grow and change, learn, and become stronger. Im looking forward to him finding even more independence but I pray he knows he can always come to us.
It feels like he changes everyday so I'm just trying to soak in everything and everyday of him being 5. I want to remember what his hand feels like in mine. I want to remember that when he's tired he likes me to rub his cheek. I want to remember how fearless he is. How stubborn.

I know kindergarten is the beginning really but for me, for us, it's an ending too. I'm trying to hold it together as my only baby reaches this milestone.

To say I'm thankful or grateful to have the opportunity to be his mom just isn't enough. I'm not sure, through that dark tunnel of a place I was in praying for him, how God chose us for each other but I am so so so so blessed that he did.

The next few days will be a blur I'm sure but as I send my 10 littles and my own babe off to kindergarten I want them all to know what a blessing they are to me and how fortunate I am to have a small part in their lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment