Saturday, September 8, 2012

It's Crazytown

On my 13.12 mile run today I came up with a new theory.
The Half Marathon should be renamed.
13.1 miles should not be half of anything.
It's crazytown.

I say this after talking to my step sister who ran 20, TWENTY, miles today.
That's real crazytown!
Insane crazytown.
No offense Buffy :)
I'm actually a little bit jealous.

I don't know if any full marathons are in my future. I actually really, really, really doubt it, but never say never, right?!

Regardless of the name of the distance. I actually did something today that I kinda always hoped one day I may do but never really thought I was capable enough to do it.

I ran 9 miles Monday and wasn't able to run all week because of our schedules and having Major pretty much alone all week. So, needless to say I was nervous going into this morning.
The first 2 miles were kinda....weird. I felt weird, like I hadn't run in 4 days. I hit a decent stride around mile 3 though and kept it til mile 10. I got rained on from mile 8 to 10 which was kinda awesome. It felt really nice. Mile 11 began to suck, 11.5 reeeeaaaalllllyyyy sucked. I wanted to be done. My back and knees were hurting. Mile 12, well, I was just ready to be done. I kept telling myself "one more mile, 3/4 of a mile, .5 of a mile. OMG there's your mailbox, .25 of a mile. Shut the front door sister, you DID IT!!!!!!"

I ran every.single. step too which I am proud of and my time, although not super fast, was consistent and I finished in under 2 and a half hours. That's kinda been the goal the whole time. The weeks are closing in on me, but I have to say, I am feeling much more confident now that I know I can do it.

All of my long runs that are left will be "half" marathons plus 1.
13.5 on Friday : )
14 the following 2 weeks

No comments:

Post a Comment