Friday, October 1, 2010

My big boy

This morning Josh, Major and I went to the grocery and when we got back, Josh had to go get his tags renewed so I let Major play outside while I unloaded the groceries. First of all, this was the first time that I had ever just left him outside to play while I wasn't just right there. So that got me thinking about what a big boy he is and how nearly 3 years has passed so quickly. Once I got everything inside, I stood at the back windows and just watched him chasing leaves in the backyard and climbing up his "treehouse" then going down the slide. I am in awe of him. I love him so so so much and just can't imagine me without him. It is so hard to believe that he has been on this earth just short of 3 years, but at the same time, it feels like he has always been here. I am really the luckiest person in the world to be called his Mama. So as I am watching him play, I am remembering this time 3 years ago and it is just amazing to me how in 3 years time a cuddly precious newborn baby turns into a completely self sufficient kid.  During this thought,  he runs into the house saying " I have to poop Mama"....thanks for sharing buddy....so he goes and does his business and when I ask if he needs help he says "No, I need pribabcy ". So I gave him his privacy and double checked his work after he was done, and once again my thought returned...it is amazing that less that 3 years ago Major was born and in that short amount of time he has turned into such an amazing, capable, wonderful, independent little boy. I am so grateful that I have been able to be home with him and watch him grow and become the precious little person that he is. There isn't a day that goes by that I am not humbled and overwhelmed with a grateful heart that God brought him to us. I just feel so lucky to be his Mama. 
 Newborn
 
1 year old
 
2 years old
Almost 3 years old






No comments:

Post a Comment