Wednesday, December 16, 2009

It's a happy day!!!

So Josh just called and he passed his EMT practical! He is officially an EMT! I knew all along that he would make it, but let's not kid ourselves, it was a rough road. Rewind 4 months....In August he started school 4 nights a week, he had to be there from 6 til 11 or so each night after working a full day at his "day job". Then on several Saturdays throughout, he had 12 or 14 hour clinical shifts. So basically, it has been Josh in one life and Major and I in another. So today I can say after 4 months of being apart, I am whole heartedly looking forward to Christmas and having our family back together.

I am on the other hand very nervous about what's to come. I am very type A; plan, plan, plan is my motto! Let me tell you that as a wife or a family member of a FF/EMT, nothing is planned. Shifts change, tones ring in the middle of dinner, family time and in the middle of the night. There is never a sense of here is the calendar and here is what's next. So basically over the past year and a half, but mostly over the past 4 months, I have been forced to adjust, bend and just live right now in this moment. I appreciate the time Josh is home so much more than before because I realize how precious it is. I've always heard that God laughs when we make plans in our life because it is just a way to keep us busy. Honestly, I can relate now! I have learned to take it all in stride, plan what needs to be done today and deal with tomorrow tomorrow! We are still adjusting and as Josh's job changes in the new year, more adjustments will come, but I have to remember that we are a team. We are in this together and God is so faithful. He has led us through many rocky roads and will continue to lead our way through this new adventure! We are grateful, blessed and so excited about Josh's success!!!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations.. To Josh for finishing, and to YOU for sticking it out with him! And now he's done!!! And home! YAY!! Hope you guys have a great Christmas with very little interruptions :)

    ReplyDelete